RE: Name mapper toop through OCLC naming authority checked in

Hi Kevin

I am very impressed that you managed to get this to work so quickly.

However some matches seem to fail, notably

John W Belcher
http://web.mit.edu/jbelcher/www/
As far as I can see none of the 14 hits returned by OCLC match this
individual.

Stephen P Bell
http://web.mit.edu/biology/www/facultyareas/facresearch/bell.shtml
None of the 8 matches returned by OCLC match this individual

Also I'm not quite sure how the matches were arrived at - for example

Stephen P Bell matches
William Chatto, Stephen W Piper, Stephen William Paine, Stephen Colwell,
Stephen Bell, Steve Poole, William Stephen Pufko, Stephen William Peter
Hampton

Michael Ernst matches
Lange, Ernst Michael, Dronke, Peter, Oberdieck, Ernst-Michael, Lang, Ernst
Michael, Dreher, Michael Ernst,--1944-, Mohle, Ernst-Michael, Steffan,
Ernst-Michael, Ernst-Poerksen, Michael, Ettmuller, Michael
Ernst,--1673-1732, Christoph, Ernst Michael, Winter, Ernst Michael,
Hackbarth, E. M.--(Ernst-Michael), Kranich, Ernst Michael

So there is a danger in a few cases we would end up adding large amounts of
irrelevant data - is there any way to guard against this?

Dr Mark H. Butler
Research Scientist                HP Labs Bristol
mark-h_butler@hp.com