RE: Issue 61: Why is metadata annotation a special case?

David:  you wrote "I'm not sure why this can't be a special case of something else."

If you can bring your mind back to that comment, are you able to suggest text describing the more general case of which annotation of metadata schemas, instances and instance elements is a special case?

And if so, do you believe the focus should be on the general case, or the special case described?

I think the point stressed in the document is that in many existing systems it is easy to provide metadata about certain objects, but difficult to provide metadata about others.  Schemas, instances, and elements within the instances are an example of some of the types of resources that are difficult to annotate in many systems.