RE: FW: SIMILE call re: DSpace history system, 25-Apr-03

Dan,

1. The code generating (currently some variant of) Harmony metadata is in the Dspace history system.  You can find this in the DSpace source from sourceforge.

2. There are various documents and presentations that describe the History System as it exists today, and the work that we are currently undertaking to extend it.  I will package these up and make them available on the SIMILE web site, then post a followup note to this list with reference to those documents.

3. Dan, you would be a great reviewer of and advisor to this work!

4. MacKenzie Smith and MIT have supplied SIMILE with an example corpus of this data as produced by the production DSpace service.  MIT have some privacy concerns, and so we are bound by some terms of use which MIT have articulated.  I'm not in a position to re-distribute the sample data.  I would encourage you to contact MacKenzie directly, and if you can work out rights and terms of use with her I can facilitate getting you a copy.

5. I will introduce you to Jason Kinner, who is currently implementing improvements to the DSpace History System, under separate cover.

- Mick