RE: Faceted Search Interface

Hi John

I thought it was faceted, because you can select subsets using several
"facets" and then do free text search. Is this faceted search, or have I
misunderstood something?

Some background on facets from the simile.bib:

@MISC{facetedclass,
	title="Faceted classifications and thesauri",

howpublished="\url{http://is.gseis.ucla.edu/impact/f95/Papers-projects/Paper
s/perles.html}"}

@MISC{xfml,
	title="eXchangeable Faceted Metadata Language",
	howpublished="\url{http://www.xfml.org/}"}

@MISC{facetanalysis,
	title="Facet Analysis",
	author="Louise Gruenberg",

howpublished="\url{http://www.asis.org/Conferences/Summit2002/Gruenberg.ppt}
"}

@MISC{facetsandvcbib,
	title="Facets and controlled vocabularies bibliography",

howpublished="\url{http://www.boxesandarrows.com/archives/Facets_CV/Bibliogr
aphy.htm}"}

@MISC{aboutfacets,
	title="All About Facets and Controlled Vocabularies",
	author="Karl Fast and Fred Leise and Mike Steckel",

howpublished="\url{http://www.boxesandarrows.com/archives/all_about_facets_c
ontrolled_vocabularies.php}"}

cheers,

Mark