RE: latest version of demo script

Hi team,

At the HP SIMILE telecon today we discussed feedback on the demoscript.
Here, in summary form, are the points raised:

Andy: We need to clarify roles, responsibilities and deliverables based on
the script.

Andy: We are missing a stage '0' which involves getting the corpuses up on a
server and making them available.

Kevin: The current version is not really a script, rather it's a list of
things you could put into the script. To do a demo script you have to tell a
story, you have to show off the relevant features of the system, we have to
come up with roles and activities, and show these are things that our
audience can relate to.

Mark: The last time the whole team saw the script, it focussed on Frank
Lloyd Wright. Since that was written we have obtained the data sets and
analysed the data. So part of the point of presenting the script in this
unfinished state is so they can understand what data we have.

Andy: We are getting close to when we said we have the demo. So we need to
consider three axes when planning: timescale, resources and functionality.
One way to proceed is to fix timescale, then decide resources and
functionality. At the moment we don't have a deadline, but at the moment
there are too many sliders we can change. We need a hard constraint.

Andy: On the last page, the mappings, it looks like we are going to use
Dublin Core as a mapping. I thought we decided that we were not going to do
that, as Dublin Core is too lossy.

Mark: But in the OCW data, the properties that overlap with Artstor are DC
properties. So although theoretically we might like to investigate more
complex maps, I don't see how we can do that with the data sets that we
have?

Andy: In the goals of the demo, first bullet point should be rephrased e.g.
"integrated access to data from multiple schemas"
that's the problem that communities are facing, providing integrated access
to that is providing value. Using the term heterogeneous confuses things.

Andy: Bullet point 2 says we should demonstrate tools that can automatically
render data without customization. I don't think that's true, Karger said
Haystack requires some customization to display stuff, unless it uses a
schema it is familiar with.

Mark: That's not how I understood it - perhaps check at the meeting
tomorrow?

Andy: In the positions section it should be "MIT libraries" not "libraries"
and "W3C perspective" not "Eric Miller's Perspective"

Mark: I thought Eric said not to think of his position paper as the  W3C
perspective?

Andy: There's a couple of places we have extraneous and unnecessary detail,
e.g.
- the comments on the Wiki, why is that in the document?
- discussion about URLs versus URNs
- EITHER .. ORs on making corpuses available via servers - we have to do
this for it to be the Semantic Web.

- In the detailed script, you talk about searching technical metadata, but
MacKenzie says not to search over that at this time. Remove.

- In the example data we need to add some namespaces in to make it readable.

Dr Mark H. Butler
Research Scientist                HP Labs Bristol
mark-h_butler@hp.com