RE: Issue 60, Research Drivers Document

The HP Semantic Web research group's website is
http://www.hpl.hp.com/semweb/

and this contains information about Jena.

We are currently migrating to Jena2 (complete this summer).  Jena2 is
compliant with RDF-core WG and WebOnt W3C working Groups.

Jena2 can be downloaded form SourceForge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jena

Jena is open source under a BSD-style license.

+ Readers and writers for RDF/XML, N-Triples, RDF/N3
  The ARP RDF parser is used by the W3C Validator site
+ A RDF API including RDF datatyping
+ Ontology API (OWL, DAML+OIL, RDFS)
+ Ontology readers (OWL, DAML,+OIL RDFS)
+ Storage mechanisms (in-memory, database)
+ Plug-in reasoner API (so you can connect to your favourite DL engine)
+ Reasoners for RDFS and for the rules-based subset of OWL (i.e. the
OWL-lite subset of OWL-full).
+ Query language and implementation: RDQL

The support list for Jena is jena-dev@yahoogroups.com

Preview3 is due to be released in May and will include databsae backed
persistent storage (provided by the HP Genesis team).  The current preview2
support in-memory RDF models only.

Joseki www.joseki.org is part of the Jena framework but is distributed
separately (our download is in danger of getting too big!).  This is a RDF
server that uses HTTP and query to provide access to large RDF repositories.

	Andy