SIMILE clients (was: SIMILE Research Drivers)

At one level "client" is any system that uses another, at another level, it
is something on the end users machine and also it is the software that is
the UI.

I don't see use of SIMILE to be purely a browse/interactive use pattern
(IMHO the Semantic Web isn't about such usage patterns).  The data from
SIMILE may be being used by another service or a system that is agent-like
on the client, it may be portal of some kind.  SIMILE "publishes" so it does
not know what use will be made of the information provided; peer-like,
client application-like, other.  There are likely to be HTML-generating ways
into SIMILE, and initially these are going to be important routes in, but
there should also be programmatic access for non-browser systems. A goo
ddesign is then one where the HTML-generating route is just servics that use
the programmatic route.

This may not be the same relationship as SIMILE system - SIMILE system where
there may be a trusted relationship or a design exchange of information.  It
would be desirable to use the same technology but we should not assume that
is so.

	Andy