From: www-rdf-dspace-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-rdf-dspace-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Fitzhugh
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 2:33 PM
To: www-rdf-dspace@w3.org
Subject: RE: SIMILE Research Drivers

John writes:
> Kevin asks:
> > So the question I am left with is: why do you think
> > that Simile clients should not be limited to web browsers?
>
> Well, for one thing, the Haystack client is not technically a
> "web browser"

Decentralized P2P-ish clients for instant messaging, file sharing,
[meta]data sharing, etc. are not well supported by the traditional web
browser.  I can't speak for Haystack, but in my own work the vision of
future information networks is more decentralized than today's web.
Browsers may evolve to support this shift, but then again a decade from
now
it may just seem quaint that we were once so enamored of clicking on
hyperlinks in HTML documents....

-- Andy