N-Triples MIME type should not be text/plain -- comment on RDF Test Cases.

From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 16:07:34 -0400
To: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

Comment on "RDF Test Cases".
W3C Recommendation 10 February 2004
  In http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-testcases/#ntriples it says,

The Internet media type / MIME type of N-Triples is text/plain and
the character encoding is 7-bit US-ASCII.

This is a bug, I think.   It  prevents crawlers from absorbing the
file and indexing it proerly, it will prevent the file from being
dispatched inside a data browser to a data-handling view, and so on.

I would suggest   text/rdf+n3   if the assumption is correct that
NTriples is a subset of N3.
Otherwise I suppose text/rdf+nt or something would be logical.
Anotehr possibility would be
text/rdf=n3; level=nt
introducing a level parameter to explain what level of N3 was being
used.

Tim BL