Re: Relative URIs in xml:base - RDF/XML parser disagreement?

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 17:45:43 +0100
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

Dan Connolly wrote:

>There was an interoperability problem discussed in a nearby list...
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2005Jul/0040.html
>I can't tell if it points out a problem in the spec or not.
>I'd like confirmation one way or another.
My understanding is that the spec is clear, although
it's a subtle point and easily missed without a test case.

>And in any case, please put the question and the answer into
>the RDF test suite, at least the unofficial one...
>  http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/

I've added test017.rdf and test017.nt to the tree,
editing the manifest at

Here's what I added to the Manifest.rdf (below).

Review welcomed.

rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-xml-base" />
   <!-- <test:discussion rdf:resource="pointer to archived email or
other discussion" /> -->

     A stack of relative URIs within xml:base combine to give complete URI.

>if not the official one
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-testcases/
Deferring on that for now...