Re: Relative URIs in xml:base - RDF/XML parser disagreement?

Dan Connolly wrote:

>There was an interoperability problem discussed in a nearby list...
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2005Jul/0040.html
>
>I can't tell if it points out a problem in the spec or not.
>I'd like confirmation one way or another.

My understanding is that the spec is clear, although
it's a subtle point and easily missed without a test case.

>And in any case, please put the question and the answer into
>the RDF test suite, at least the unofficial one...
>  http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/

I've added test017.rdf and test017.nt to the tree,
editing the manifest at

>http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/xmlbase/Manifest.rdf

http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/xmlbase/test017.nt
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/xmlbase/test017.rdf

Here's what I added to the Manifest.rdf (below).

Review welcomed.

cheers,

Dan

<test:PositiveParserTest
rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/xmlbase/Manifest.rdf#test017">

   <test:issue
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-xml-base" />
   <test:status>NOT_APPROVED</test:status>
<!--
   <test:approval
rdf:resource="http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Mar/0235.html"
/>
-->
   <!-- <test:discussion rdf:resource="pointer to archived email or
other discussion" /> -->

  <test:discussion
rdf:resource="http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2005JulSep/0000.html"
/>

   <test:description>
     A stack of relative URIs within xml:base combine to give complete URI.
   </test:description>

   <test:inputDocument>

      <test:RDF-XML-Document
rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/xmlbase/test017.rdf"