Re: W3C specification error

Thank you very much! Although I currently don't have the solution to all
of my doubts, I think you put me in the right way to reach it...

However, I am realizing that this issue is a key for understanding both
the processing model and the real nature of RDF (particularly about
inferences/entailments), and it deserves a further explanation to be
put somewhere...

Now, in order to better comprehend the rationale, I try to summarize: please
tell me if I'm wrong: in RDF, you can't state that class A is NOT
a subclass of class B just because you can't find a "subClassOf" statement
explicitly declaring that Class A is a subclass of class B, right?

So, if I had the following fragment:

<foaf:Person rdf:ID="John">
</foaf:Person>

<foaf:Person rdf:ID="Mike">
</foaf:Person>

<foaf:Person rdf:ID="Anna">
</foaf:Person>

<rdf:Property rdf:ID="isMarriedWith">
</rdf:Property>

<!-- Statement 1-->
<rdf:Description rdf:about="...#Mike">
 <x:isMarriedWith resource="...#Anna"/>
</rdf:Description>

<!-- Statement 2-->
<rdf:Description rdf:about="...#Mike">
 <John resource="...#Anna"/>
</rdf:Description>

there wouldn't be a way to state that Statement 2 is non-sense,
due to the fact that nowhere is written that a foaf:Person is
not a subclass of rdf:Property... thus, we have to use
"rdfs:Resource" instead of "rdf:Property". If this is the
right way of thinking, you shed a lot of light on it.

However, let me ask you the very last question:
Since an "rdf:Literal" is also an "rdfs:Resource", we could
model (quote) a statement where the predicate is a literal,
and such a statement is not even expressible using RDF syntax!
If nobody can say what we are quoting, why should we allow that
quoting to exist? Thus, the "rdfs:range" of "rdfs:predicate"
should be non-literals, but non-literals don't have a class
in the RDF(S) specification. In order to supply it, a
"complementary class" (NOT being something) mechanism should
be added to the specification... but if we add this, then we
also could be able to infer that something used as a predicate
IS NOT an "rdf:Property", and then the range of "rdfs:predicate"
could be restricted to "rdf:Property"...

At any rate, thank you for your feedback, your help has been
invaluable for me to understand this subject!

Andrea