From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Subject: Re: Media types and assertions
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:15:15 -0500

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 09:36:31AM -0600, Pat Hayes wrote:
> Hmmm. I see where you are coming from,

Great!  Thanks for a productive discussion.

> but I think you need to take
> it up with whoever is in charge of media types.

Well, I am sort of, at least at this stage (i.e. prior to IETF last call);
the application/rdf+xml draft says to send comments here.

But certainly, if this goes last call without addressing this issue to my
liking, then I'll mention that as a last call comment on ietf-types.

I might also take it to the TAG too, since I think they'll generally be
more appreciative of the importance and subtlety of this issue than will
the IESG.

> Unfortunately, I
> think your needs here are part of a larger system of issues that will
> take a little longer to resolve. So my own (not very helpful)
> response would be, that RDF/OWL right now does not have the solution
> to your problem. But that really is only my personal opinion, and
> others may be more optimistic.

I agree with you that those specs don't address the issue.  Hence my
push to get *this* spec to address it. 8-)

Thanks again.

Mark.

----- End forwarded message -----