Re: RDF Semantics: a few small comments

From: pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:52:39 -0600
To: herman.ter.horst@philips.com
Cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

>Here are a few small editorial comments ranging over
>different parts of the document.

>"Semantic extensions of RDF MUST conform to the semantic
>conditions for simple and RDF interpretations described
>in Sections 1 and 3.1"
>However, Section 3.1 is about RDF entailment.
>RDF interpretations are considered in the rather
>large space between the start of Sections 3 and 3.1.
>In order to make this reference correct, this
>text could be made into a new section 3.1.

Hmm, point taken.  Done. I have taken the opportunity of
rationalizing the substructure of the other sections also.

>Section 5
>"Exactly how these sets and mapping are defined is ..."
>Add s to mapping.

>Just before Section 5.1 it is stated that
>"so that ... would violate the general monotonicity lemma"
>however this lemma is only treated (not much) later.
>Perhaps this could be made somewhat more reader-friendly?

Ive added an explicit reference "described in section 6, below." Both
the lemma name and the section are hyperlinked to the relevant text,

>The two tables in the proof appendix that define the
>rdf(s) Herbrand interpretations, mention four times
>"contains a triple ..."
>In each case, the triple is determined uniquely.
>So it would be clearer to replace this by:
>"contains the triple ..."

OK, as you prefer. Done.

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell