Re: minor errors in WD-rdf-primer-20030905

On 03 Nov 2003, Frank Manola <fmanola@acm.org> wrote:
> > month, day, and year ->
> > (illogical order; I know: some don't like logic :-) )
>

> This is the way Americans write dates;  it has nothing to do with logic!
>   I fear that a certain amount of tolerance for the linguistic
> peculiarities of strange languages (like American) is going to be
> necessary in applying RDF :-)  All the more reason to explicitly
> identify the various components!
>
> Slightly more seriously, this refers to the components of the
> exterms:creation-date property in a previous example, and the components
> are written in month, day, and year order ("August 16, 1999").

Agreed.

> > later in this section). ->
> > later in this section.)
> >
> > in explaining the example). ->
> > in explaining the example.)
>

> Regarding these last two, these parenthetical remarks are not intended
> to be *independent* sentences, even though they have the form of
> complete sentences, and hence the punctuation goes outside the
> parentheses.  The alternative is to not only make the changes you
> suggest, but also to capitalize the first word of the parenthetical
> remark,

Yes, but this is already the case, see below.

> and insert another period to complete the previous sentence.
> I'd just as soon leave these alone, if you can stand it.

This is from http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-rdf-primer-20031010/:

(Note that a typed literal is not used for the date value in this
example. Representing typed literals in RDF/XML will be described
later in this section).

(Line numbers are added to help in explaining the example).

Greetings
Sven