RE: XML literals, canonical form, and normal form C problem

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:26:28 +0200
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>

Hi Peter,

Sorry to vascillate ...

On further reflection, while I did not support the editorial changes you
were suggesting, it occurred to me that there were possible improvements
that I would be happy to make.

A possibility is:

At the end of
section 3.4 Literals (informative)
add the following new para

The string in both plain and typed literals is required to
be in Unicode Normal Form C [NFC]. This requirement is motivated
by [Charmod] particularly section 4 Early Uniform Normalization.
The strings of literals can be considered
in the sense used in that section.

and add charmod into the informative references.

Dave has indicated support for this change on the RDF Core list, and unless
I hear objections, I will make this change.

Do you think that helps?
Is it orthogonal to your difficulties with the current text?
Is it positively bad?