objection to proposed close of pfps-05

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 08:21:16 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

The current state of affairs with respect to the RDFS entailment rules and
the RDFS entailment lemma is not acceptable to me.

The RDFS entailment rules are not a complete characterization of
rdfs-entailment.

The RDFS entailment lemma has been changed in a manner unacceptable to me.

The most-natural reading of the current normative definition of RDF XML
literals in RDF Concepts makes the RDFS entailment lemma false.

Current discussion on the RDF Core working group involves a proposal that
would undermine the well-definedness of rdfs-entailment between two RDF/XML
documents.

Numerous substantial and user-visible changes that affect the RDFS
entailment rules and the RDFS entailment lemma have been made to the RDF
specifications.  These changes require an exhaustive and multi-party review
that is permitted to raise new issues, including issues related to the
changes and issues uncovered by the changes.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider