Re: status of RDF tests

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 06:34:35 -0400 (EDT)
To: bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Subject: Re: status of RDF tests
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 09:16:00 +0100

> Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > I notice that some of the RDF tests at http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/
> > are incorrect with respect to the editors' drafts of the RDF
> > specification. When will the tests be updated?
>
> To the best of my knowledge, the tests and specs are consistent.  Please
> let us know of inconsistencies you find.
>
> Brian

Well, for starters,

http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/datatypes/test001.nt

is no longer a legal N-triples document because it has a datatype literal
with a language tag.

Quite a number of other approved triples documents in the tests are
similarly illegal.

Also, the test document says that a positive parser test consists of ``one
(or more) input documents''.  Are there any positive parser tests that have
more than one input document?  If not, then I suggest modifying the text.

By the way, I don't see a point to having more than one input document.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider