[closed] Re: base url for rdf test cases

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Arjohn Kampman wrote:

> Jan Grant wrote:
> > It's the line quoted above. Would "Relative URLs listed in this table"
> > be explicit enough?
>
> I realize now that I have misread the line ever since the working draft
> of 29 April 2002... If I understand correctly now, the base URI should
> be applied to the relative URLs that can be found in the table. I always
> thought the base URI should be applied to any relative URIs that are
> present _in_ the test case files. Sorry for that!

That's ok - I knew the problem was the ambiguous phrasing, but I failed
to make it clear enough.

> I would suggest rephrasing the line to:
>
>      "The URLs of test case files in this table are relative to the base
>       URI http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/"

Since the only relative URLs are those referring to test cases, I'm
inclined to drop "of test cases" to skirt any chance for ambiguity.
Cheers Arjohn, I'll make the fix.

Axioms speak louder than words.