Re: dissatisfaction with the entailment rules development

Peter --

I have been following some of the discussion about RDF entailment, and I
have a rather naive question please.

Would it be helpful to do the following ?

1) Map the RDF notation into ordinary predicate logic (or datalog, or
other, as appropriate).
    (Perhaps using something
like  http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-rdf-mt-20030123/#Lbase )

2) Use the available large body of theory results, theorem provers, datalog
processors etc to prove and run entailments.

3)  Map back to RDF notation.

4)  If direct processing of RDF entailments in RDF notation, without
mapping in and out of logical notation is needed,  'compile down'  the
steps 1, 2, and 3.

Hope this helps.                     -- Adrian

                                    INTERNET BUSINESS LOGIC
           Your English Business Rules Using Your Oracle Database
                                     www.reengineeringllc.com

Adrian Walker
Reengineering LLC
PO Box 1412