Re: pfps-04 [RDF entailment rules not yet complete]

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 07:09:28 -0400 (EDT)
To: bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Cc: phayes@ai.uwf.edu, www-rdf-comments@w3.org

I believe that the rules for rdf entailments are still incomplete in
RDF Semantics (Editors [sic] Draft of July 27).

For example, consider the RDF graph

	ex:foo ex:bar "<ex/>"^^rdf:XMLLiteral .

I believe that this graph rdf-entails

	ex:foo ex:bar "<ex></ex>"^^rdf:XMLLiteral .

but that this cannot be derived from the RDF entailment rules.

peter