[resolution]pfps-02; was: Comment on Last Call Working Draft of RDF Semantics document concerning Lbase translation of XML Literals

From: pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 19:26:49 -0500
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

Peter,

with reference to your comment
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0093.html

archived as pfps-02, I am writing to ask if the following would be an
acceptable response. If so, I will propose that the WG accept your
comment with this resolution.

As you know, there have been extensive modifications to the treatment
of XML literals since your comment was written.

The current editor's draft
http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/RDF_Semant_Edit_Weak.html#Lbase
now contains a version of the Lbase translation rules which I believe
adequately covers the case you mention. XML Literals are now treated
exactly uniformly with other typed literals in the Lbase axioms.
Please reply to this message, copying www-rdf-comments@w3.org,
indicating whether this response adequately addresses your comment.

Sincerely

Pat
IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell