[walter@natural-innovations.com: Re: [closed] hodder-01 (rdf-comments, link rel=)]

For info.

Dave

----- Forwarded message from Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com> -----

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 18:34:54 -0800
To: Dave Hodder <dmh@dmh.org.uk>
From: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>
Subject: Re: [closed] hodder-01 (rdf-comments, link rel=)

Re: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0568.html>

[I'm not on the mailing list, so I'm replying privately via the list archive.]

Hi Dave,

I agree with you about rel="meta". After all, metadata is not an
alternative to data. I also like the idea of "alternate meta"
although the TYPE attribute is probably sufficiently differentiating.
I am toying with the following ideas:

<LINK REL=meta       TITLE="page info (HTML)"
       TYPE="text/html"
       HREF="/1/pageinfo/download/?type=HTML;link=1">

<LINK REL="meta"     TITLE="page info (XML)"
       TYPE="text/xml"
       HREF="/1/pageinfo/download/?type=XML;link=1">

<LINK REL="meta"     TITLE="page info (RDF)"
       TYPE="application/rdf+xml"
       HREF="/1/pageinfo/download/?type=RDF;link=1">

<A REL="meta"
    TYPE="text/html"
    HREF="/1/pageinfo/download/type=HTML;ref=banner">page info</A>

Currently my pageinfo script only returns HTML, but it could do more.
Note also that the use of a CGI means an .rdf extension should not be
expected as the current spec seems to imply, making the TYPE that
much more important.

Could you please pass these comments along to the list?

thanks,
-Walter
  Walter Ian Kaye, Menlo Park, CA, USA | Programmer - AppleScript/FaceSpan,
  http://www.natural-innovations.com/  |              Perl, HTML, & ProTERM
                                       |   Musician - Guitarist, Songwriter
  (())  ascii ribbon campaign:
   XX   just say no to HTML/RTF in email and usenet
  //\\  and no to Web sites that do not fully support Lynx

----- End forwarded message -----