Issue JSR188-01

From: Butler, Mark <Mark_Butler@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:53:49 -0000
To: "Butler, Mark" <Mark_Butler@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "'www-rdf-comments@w3.org'" <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>
Cc: "'Java Community Process JSR #188 Expert List'" <JSR-188-EG@JCP.ORG>

Dear Colleagues,

I have been thinking about the datatyping issue and I have some further
comments that may be helpful to you.

I would like to draw a distinction between global and local datatyping in
the serialisation(s), and in the model.

So essentially the issue I outline below can be restated "due to human
readability issues, I believe the serialisation(s) should allow both global
and local datatyping. However I cannot forsee that there is any problem with
resolving this to purely local datatyping in the underlying model".

You may find this distinction helpful in your discussions.

best regards,

Mark H. Butler, PhD
Research Scientist                HP Labs Bristol
mark-h_butler@hp.com
Internet: http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/marbut/