Re: Comments on RDF test cases

From: Arjohn Kampman <arjohn.kampman@aidministrator.nl>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:01:32 +0100
To: Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
CC: www-rdf-comments@w3.org, Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>

Jan Grant wrote:
>>Issue 2: The test cases error-009.rdf, error-010.rdf and error-020.rdf
>>in rdfms-rdf-names-use look obsolete to me. These test cases are about
>>rdf:aboutEach and rdf:aboutEachPrefix, which have been removed from the
>>RDF spec some time ago. Use of these attributes is already covered by
>>the test cases in rdfms-abouteach.
>
> Those test cases together deal with aboutEach and aboutEachPrefix in
> element and attribute positions. It seems to me that they should all
> remain. The manifest files correctly list all these cases as errors.
> I'm not proposing to do anything further on this, unless there's a
> particular problem..?

There's no particular problem. It's just that all of the test cases
in rdfms-rdf-names-use are about whether rdf names can be used in an
RDF document as node element, property element and/or property attribute
name. However, as rdf:aboutEach and rdf:aboutEachPrefix have been removed
from RDF, use of these two names is illegal independent of their place in
an RDF file.

To dive a little deeper into the subject: the three test cases mentioned
earlier and the two test cases from rdfms-abouteach each cover a different
situation:

rdfms-rdf-names-use/error-009.rdf: aboutEach as node element
rdfms-rdf-names-use/error-010.rdf: aboutEachPrefix as node element
rdfms-rdf-names-use/error-020.rdf: aboutEachPrefix as property element
rdfms-abouteach/error001.rdf     : aboutEach as property attribute name
rdfms-abouteach/error002.rdf     : aboutEachPrefix as property attribute name

The one situation that is missing is the use of aboutEach as a property
element. So maybe it should be added? Also, IMHO, it would be nicer to
group these test cases together, e.g. in directory rdfms-abouteach.

Best regards,

Arjohn
--
arjohn.kampman@aidministrator.nl