Re: Comment on Last Call Working Draft of RDF Semantics document concerning treating classes and properties as objects

From: Jeff Z Pan <pan@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:40:15 -0800
To: "pat hayes" <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Cc: <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>

Pat,

> Yes, I understand. With that caveat, could we treat your comment as
> an endorsement of Qu's? This is a procedural question rather than a
> substantive one, you understand.

I would say my comment is a super-set of Qu's, since I am not convinced that
the desirable sub-language of RDFS should be an "ontology language" only.
Being able to support meta-classes and write constraints in the
meta-language layer for ontology languages are also desirable features of
RDFS(FA).

Thanks for asking.

Best regards,
Jeff
--
Jeff Z. Pan  ( http://DL-Web.man.ac.uk/ )
Computer Science Dept., The University of Manchester