issue number requested: was: Re: the meaning of RDF tokens

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> From: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
> Subject: Re: the meaning of RDF tokens
> Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:10:33 -0500
>
> [...]
>

>>>Only one last-call comment identifier is needed here, I think.  However, I
>>>do not see any in the last-call comment list at
>>>	http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues
>>>
>>You won't see it there.  There are two sets of change identifiers.  The
>>ones listed at the URL you've cited are issues that have been referred
>>by the Editors of the relevant documents to the WG for decision.  In
>>addition, each Editor is maintaining an internal set of change
>>identifiers for those changes they have accepted (as I have this one)
>>and are going to go ahead and fix.
>>
>>--Frank
>>

> You mean without input from the rest of the working group, or even
> elevating it to an official comment?
>
> I am distinctly unhappy with this way of dealing with my comments.

Peter--

Your original comment was addressed to the Primer, and I've been dealing
with it on that basis.  That didn't make it any less "official", it just
meant I could decide myself whether I thought I could make the changes
necessary to the Primer to deal with it.  I'll be happy to raise it as a
general issue to be addressed in all the documents if you like (and in
fact will do so now).

Brian, can we have an issue number for this please?

Keep in mind though that:  (a) it's going to be difficult to determine
what has to be done to address your concerns to your satisfaction if we
don't have pointers to specific places in the various documents that
need changing, and (b) any guidance I get from the WG for changes
specifically to the Primer is going to be pretty general, and involve
mostly my exercising editorial discretion, so it's pretty much going to
boil down to the same thing in the end (at least as far as the Primer is
concerned).

--Frank