Re: review of LCC documents as of 26 December 2002

At 12:46 PM 12/27/02 -0500, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>Resource Description Framework (RDF): Concepts and Abstract Syntax
>Editors' Working Draft 12 December 2002
[...]

Thank you for your review of this.

I take your comments as addressing 3 main areas:

1. The relationship of formal and social meaning in RDF.  We have taken a
view that this should be given a full airing and discussion in the last
call period.  (I think that related to this is your observation that
normative vs non-normative content is not well indicated.)

2. Consistency of descriptions and terminology.

3. Editorial.

As we are in a period of stabilizing the documents, your points relating to
the latter areas will also be applied to the documents issued for
last-call.  I have noted your message as a last-call comment against the
document, and shall respond in greater detail when we deal with the points
in detail.

There is one statement in your review that I just don't understand:
[[
The list of uses in the motivations section has just about the best example
of non-parallel construction that I have ever seen.
]]
I think this may be a stylistic matter, but I can't be sure.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>