RE: rdf:nodeID and external entities?

At 12:33 PM 12/14/02 +0000, Brian McBride wrote:
>>If you import that file twice, regardless of whether or not you change
>>the Name of the resource referenced by _1, the blank node _1 is *not*
>>the same resource across two different parsing activities, while the
>>named node http://www.cnn.com/ *is*.
>
>Well, the blank node is not a resource at all, in the sense you mean.  Its
>a node in a graph.  The question I think you are addressing is whether one
>can be sure its the same node in the same graph across two different
>parsings of the same file, and I agree with you in general, one cannot.

Also:
[[
This notation uses a nodeID convention to indicate blank nodes in the
triples of a graph. Note that while node identifiers such as _:xxx serve to
identify blank nodes in the surface syntax, these expressions are not
considered to be the label of the graph node they identify; they are not
names, and do not occur in the actual graph. In particular, two N-triples
documents which differ only by re-naming their node identifiers will be
understood to describe identical RDF graphs.
]]
-- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-mt-20030117/#nodeIDnote

and:
[[
It might be thought that the operation of changing a bound variable would
be an example of an inference which was valid but not covered by the
interpolation lemma, e.g. the inference of

_:x <ex:a> <ex:b> .

from

_:y <ex:a> <ex:b> .

Recall however that by our conventions, these two expressions describe
identical RDF graphs.
]]
-- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-mt-20030117/#entail

#g