Re: xml:base irrelevant to same document reference

From: Bill Kearney <wkearney99@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 20:36:01 -0400
To: "James Clark" <jjc@jclark.com>
Cc: <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>

> Even with the proposed RFC2396 revision, the second href will refer to
> the first href (at least I think so), whereas in the analagous case in
> RDF it will not.  Surely there is something wrong somewhere if XHTML and
> RDF behave inconsistently in this respect. And I have never come across
> another XML vocabulary that scopes IDs to the current base URI.

But isn't this mixing two different things?

Something looking for the "fragment named xyzzy" would properly see the first
one.  Your use of an HREF doesn't really affect things in an RDF sense.  Or does
it?  Isn't the concatenation of a URI and it's rdf:ID the only relevent
combination from an RDF/XML serialization aspect?

Or am I missing yet another startlingly unexpected aspect of RDF serialized in
XML?

-Bill Kearney