Re: responses due for editorial changes (was Re: [closed] issue #pfps-10 untyped literals)

>From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
>Subject: Re: [closed] issue #pfps-10 untyped literals
>Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 10:52:31 -0500
>
>[...]
>
>>  It is not practical, and I do not think it would be useful, to give a
>>  detailed list of every textual change made as a result of this
>>  comment.
>
>[...]
>
>Hmm.  Well, if the changes are to be treated as editorial changes, I think
>that this is precisely what is owed.

I do not. This is not an editorial comment: it has been logged and
considered by the WG. The document is accessible; it is provided with
an explanatory introductory section relating it to the last call
document; and I have provided, in email, what I  believe is an
accurate and comprehensive summary of the relevant technical changes,
with links to the text of the document. All the nontrivial editorial
changes in the normative sections of the revised document are marked
by distinctive text color for ease of checking wording changes, if
you wish to check that wording in detail.

I know that you have read the document in detail and fully understood
these changes made in response to your comment, as evidenced by the
fact that you have already made modifications to the OWL semantics
document which are based on a detailed and thorough comprehension of
these changes. I am not interested in continuing to play games with
you over points of process, and time is passing without us making
apparent progress on what ought to be, at this stage, a mere tying up
of ribbons.

As you know, W3C process rules require that we obtain from you an
either an acknowledgement that you find our response to your comment
- which in this case refers to the changes to the model theory
outlined in my last email on this thread - satisfactory, or that you
do not.

I will therefore interpret any subsequent emails from you on this or
the original thread which are not clearly  either a request for
further information, or an acknowledgement that the changes made to
the MT in response to your original comment are acceptable, as an
indication that you did *not* find the WG response to your original
comment satisfactory. The result will be logged and we can move on to
the next stage of the process.

If you feel that W3C process is being abused, feel free to talk to my
supervisor about it.

Pat

IHMC					(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola              			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501           				(850)291 0667    cell
s.pam@ai.uwf.edu   for spam