Re: Statings -- Much ado about nothing

Hi Pat,

This decision is acceptable.  Subsequent to my initial comment, and after
reading things over a number of times,
I decided that wording of this section was not the root of problem -- I
found more
problems with the wording of some other sections.  There have been a couple
of adjustments
made to those other sections, so that wraps up my concerns.

Thanks, Bob

At 05:12 PM 4/21/2003 -0500, pat hayes wrote:
>Bob, re. your comment
>
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0211.html
>
>and the ensuing discussion. The WG felt that deletion of the section, as
>requested, was not useful, and that the wording of the section was
>sufficiently careful to avoid a reader having a false impression of the
>intended meaning.
>
>A few sentences have been added to clarify the distinction between
>reification as described here and quotation, as follows:
>"Note     that this way of understanding the reification vocabulary does
>not interpret     reification as a form of quotation. Rather, the
>reification describes the     relationship between a token of a triple and
>the resources that triple refers     to. The reification can be read
>intuitively as saying "'this piece of     RDF talks about these things"
>rather than "this piece of RDF has     this form". ".
>
>Please reply to this email, copying www-rdf-comments@w3.org indicating
>whether this decision is acceptable.
>
>Pat
>
>--
>IHMC                                    (850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
>40 South Alcaniz St.                    (850)202 4416   office
>Pensacola                               (850)202 4440   fax
>FL 32501                                        (850)291 0667    cell
>phayes@ai.uwf.edu                 http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes
>s.pam@ai.uwf.edu   for spam

Robert MacGregor
Senior Project Leader
macgregor@isi.edu
Phone: 310/448-8423, Fax:  310/822-6592
Mobile: 310/251-8488

USC Information Sciences Institute
4676 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey, CA 90292