Re: RDF Semantics: RDFS entailment lemma

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:53:42 -0700
To: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>
CC: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, www-rdf-comments@w3.org, herman.ter.horst@philips.com

Graham Klyne wrote:

> At 09:47 14/04/2003 -0500, pat hayes wrote:
>
>> You know, someone ought to be able to make some kind of machine that
>> would do this kind of thing *automatically*, I reckon, mayby using a
>> whole lot of little gears and motors and stuff from Radio Shack.
>> Might be able to make some money out of it, as well.
>

> I have a friend who has contemplated building a Turing machine from
> Lego Mindstorms.
>
> And I heard that, with the aid of NC machining, some folks managed to
> build a working Babbage analytical engine?   (Ah, no, it was the
> London Science Museum and his difference engine no 2:
> http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/on-line/babbage/page4.asp).

I hope you  realize that this has been done before way back in the
1930's when RCA was able to calculate these kinds of formula with radio
tubes.   I know that these tubes are hard to find now, but even so there
might be an advantage to them over the Legos since they are inharently
analog and will give us a wider spectrum ... so maybe you guys could get
the W3C to consider that if it is not already too late.

Seth Russell