Re: the empty list

From: Jerome Euzenat <Jerome.Euzenat@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:23:09 +0200
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, www-rdf-comments@w3.org

Hi,

In his message (Re: the empty list) du 10/04/2003,
Brian McBride wrote:
>>I conjecture that the empty list is identified in RDF/XML by:
>>
>>         <rdf:List rdf:about="rdf:nil" />
>>
>>is it possible to (correct me if I am wrong or to) add this in one
>>of the documents. I cannot find it.
>
>Does
>
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_nil
>
>meet your need?

This what I used for infering what I wrote above. But if you are not
completely RDF-litterate, like me, it is quite a pain to figure it
out. I am affraid that some people are even more illiterate than I
am, can you help them?

The difficulty is that the cited bit does not present nil in
isolation (or let say as the subject of a triple), it is always used
as the remainder of a list. Maybe:

rdf:nil rdf:type rdf:List

could help the triple litterate a bit.

Basically, what I would have liked is a bit of help in the primer...

--
  Jérôme Euzenat                  __
                                  /      /\