Re: comments on http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-rdf-schema-20021112/

At 06:52 03/12/2002 -0800, Richard H. McCullough wrote:

Welcome back Richard,
[...]

>2. I have one other question related to the definition of "Class".
>Is "Person" a subClassOf "Class", and "Dick McCullough" a
>member/individual of "Class"?
>Or is "Person" a member/individual of "Class", and "Dick McCullough"
>unrelated to "Class"?
>In other words, what is the meaning of "Person"?  And is there a
>difference between "Resource" and "Class"?
>You might add some words to the document to answer this question.

Given the normal definitions of person and Dick McCullough and ignoring the
"'s I would expect to model these as:

   Person rdfs:type rdfs:Class .  # Person is a member of rdfs:Class
   Dick   rdfs:type rdfs:Person . # Dick is a member of Person

i.e. the latter of the two options you offered.

Brian