questions about rdfs:Datatype [Was: RE: Seeking normative definition of datatyping]

From: <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:12:07 -0500
To: <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>

Yuck!  I wonder if that's what TBL meant when he told the AC the RDF
Core WG was clarifying M&S :-).

> For an overview I suggest the primer.  The syntax is described
> in the syntax doc, the concept of datatyping in the concepts doc, the
> schema implications in the schema doc and formal semantics in
> the semantics doc.
>
> You may find the specific links in
>

> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Nov/0527.html
>
> helpful.

Thanks, that was helpful.

However, where can I find a [preferably normative] example of how
rdfs:Datatype is used (to define an application-specific datatype)?
Also, how does an application define the lexical space for any
rdfs:Datatype classes it defines?