questions about syntax document and n-triples

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 10:45:44 -0500 (EST)
To: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

Hi:

1/  In several places the syntax document says to generate a blank node
identifier.  However, I can find no method for doing so.  Also I do not see
any requirement that the generated identifier needs to be fresh.

2/ The n-triples spec requires that nodeIDs in triples be formed from
names, which goes against the common (in WebOnt) practice of using _:1 as a
nodeID.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider