Re: XPointer

> From Dave.Beckett@bristol.ac.uk Thu Nov 28 11:56 MET 2002
> To: Roland Schwaenzl <roland@mathematik.uni-osnabrueck.de>
> cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org
> Subject: Re: XPointer
> Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 10:48:18 +0000
> From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>

> > Found the recent XPointer PropRec mentioning RDF.
>
> Please can you give a URL for the document with mention.
>
> > Can't find any mentioning of XPointer in the RDF Drafts -
> > specifically in those sections talking about fragments.
> >
> > Have i missed something?
>
> I don't recall our docs have any mention of XPointer.  Fragments are
> discussed in RDF Concepts and Abstract Syntax
>   5.2 Fragment Identifiers
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-rdf-concepts-20021108/#xtocid103660
>
> and
>   application/rdf+xml Media Type Registration
>   draft-swartz-rdfcore-rdfxml-mediatype-01
>   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-swartz-rdfcore-rdfxml-mediatype-01.txt
>
> Dave

Thanks Dave. Your references match with what i read.

May i suggest to add some remarks on XPointer?
Readers of [RFC 3023, 7.] might expect that in connection with [RFC 3023, 8.18].

A similar suggestion is w.r.t. XLink.

What kind of retrieval action specifically is assumed in RDF Concepts 5.2
(compare the NOTE in [RFC 3023, 7.]).

My understanding of RDF Semantics is, that it does not require
the existence of an RDF/XML document representing the URI, presumed
in your first reference, when a URI#fragement is used in an RDF
graph.

rs