Re: [xml-dev] RDF for unstructured databases, RDF for axiomatic

Brian McBride wrote:

> At 09:39 21/11/2002 -0600, Shelley Powers wrote:
>

> > > But I think there will be folks who find the mathematical
> > > approach a little
> > > offputting.  That is why the other specs are there, the concepts document
> > > and the schema document.  They are intended to say mostly the
> > > same things,
> > > but in precise, but less mathematical terms.  The primer should be
> > > understandable by anyone, and should be all that many will need to read.
> > >

> >I find the primer to be fairly clear. And I'm partial to the concepts
> >document.
>
> I hope Frank sees this.  Frank has worked very hard on the primer and taken
> some stick for his approach.  Having a professional writer say good things
> about it is good.

Thanks very much (I won't even say where I thought that stick was stuck
much of the time).

> >Again, though, if this document is for a general audience, then you may want
> >to consider use of certain terms such as entailment. You give an example,
> >and you talk about it, but you don't define it.
>
> Good input.  Frank?

I need some clarification here.  I thought that "this document" referred
to RDF Semantics.  So am I being invited to define and describe
entailment in the *Primer*?  Pat?  (NB: The Primer does currently
mention "entailment" in Section 7.2, but that's because the Test Cases
document has a category of test cases called "entailment tests").

--Frank