Re: RDF typed node implementation experience

Brian McBride wrote:

> In the absence of any range information about the two properties does
> your implementation regard the 'values' of the two properties as being
> equal?  It can be difficult to tell.  In some implementations you can
> and in some you cannot.  And in RDFCore we can argue for a long time
> whether you can tell or not :(

I wish we could start asking the question:
     "Are the objects of two arcs identical?",
rather than the problematic question:
     "Are the values of two properties equal?" .

Those sure don't look like the same comparison to me.  Trying to force
them to be the same (when they are not) seems to me to have gotten us
into a monotonous rut.

1+1 = 2
1+1 =/= 2

Seth Russell