Re: Monotony

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:59:13 -0700
To: fmanola@mitre.org
CC: "www-rdf-comments@w3.org" <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>, "Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com" <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>, Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>

Frank Manola wrote:

>More to your
>original point, it seems to me what you want is the ability to control
>or specify when you have monotonicity and when you don't.  Kind of like
>a database transaction mechanism.

Exactly!   Whatever a  *logical* RDF graph is, it is certainly is a
document or a cluster of documents - what it is *not* is the whole blody
semantic web.  Yet we seem not to have any convention for RDF authors to
state that simple fact about their RDF documents and clusters of
documents.  But there are many ways that this can be implemented without
breaking into any new specifications.  Well we might need to define some
new properties, but nothing really major or tramatic.

Seth Russell