Re: Datatyping

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 12:19:54 +0100
To: seth@robustai.net, "www-rdf-comments@w3.org" <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>

At 05:43 24/09/2002 -0700, Seth Russell wrote:

[...]
>In that graph, Jenny's age is not identical to John's age, yet I would
>like the MT to entail that equality.
>In that graph, John's age is identical to the title of movie B, yet I
>would like the MT to entail that John's age is not equal the title of movie B.

Hi Seth,

Are these requirements based on your judgement of what would be "good"
behaviour or are they based on real application requirements.  I'd love to
hear about the latter.

With regard to entailing not equal, RDF doesn't really have
negation.  Perhaps you meant "does not not entail ... is equal ..."