decisions at recent RDF Core WG F2F

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:36:22 -0400
To: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

I note that a decision in the recent RDF Core WG F2F states that the
value (I assume object is meant here) of an rdfs:isDefinedBy statement can
be ``any document or resource''.

What does this mean?  Is it an official statement by the RDF Core WG that
there are other things besides resources?  If so, when will the model
theory be revised?  What status will documents have in RDF?

It appears that the RDF Core WG is edging towards a two-semantics
approach.  This approach has caused considerable problems for DAML+OIL.
Perhaps it would be a good idea to solicit advice here.

I also note that a decisions includes the wording
	A statement with a property ...
This appears to be a *major* change to RDF, as previously statements could
not have properties.  Of course, this probably should read
	A statement whose predicate ...
:-)  (last point only, to be clear)

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Bell Labs Research