rdfms-nested-bagIDs was (Re: RDF Issue)

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:01:18 -0000
To: <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>, <champin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr>

Hi Pierre-Antoine

it appears from your message:

that the WGs resolution of the nested bagIDs issue was insufficiently clear.

I believe that the intent is now slightly clearer and point you at:

The current editors draft of the syntax doc:

(this draft has not yet been approved but is likely to be published with
minor changes very soon).

And the relevant test cases (that were approved last week)

In particular your suggestion:

> So we could propose an idiom like rdf:bagID="",
> overriding the outer bagID but creating no additional bag.

is, if I have understood you correctly, the default behaviour.
That is reifications of the more deeply nested triples that could go into an
additional bag *never* go into the outer bag.

See particularly test004:

Once again, can we ask you to reply to the www-rdf-comments@w3.org list,
indicating whether this is an acceptable resolution of this issue.

Jeremy Carroll
HP rep on RDF Core WG