Re: Proposed NTriples changes for literal notation

On 2002-03-15 11:48, "ext Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> Jenny ex:age "35"en-US .
>
> <==>
>
> Jenny ex:age _:x .
> _:x rdfs:dlex "35" .
> _:x rdfs:lang "en_US" .

I'm not sure if attaching the language property to
the same node as the rdfs:dlex is correct. I
would think that the language is qualifying the lexical
form, not the thing denoted by the lexical form.

Perhaps rdf:value, treated as expressing equality is
needed:

 Jenny ex:age _:x .
 _:x rdfs:dlex _:y .
 _:y rdf:value "35" .
 _:y xml:lang "en_US" .

(I think we should try to use xml:lang rather than
 make our own property rdfs:lang, no need to reinvent
 the wheel)

I'm also concerned about having to parse the actual
literals to derive such implications. If literal
structures are opaque, then a generic RDFS reasoner
won't be able to give us the above.

Patrick