Re: dataTypes and classification schemes

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:59:22 +0000
To: Roland Schwaenzl <Roland.Schwaenzl@mathematik.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE>
cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org
>>>Roland Schwaenzl said:
>
> Dave Beckett wrote:
>
> > However, the interpretation of the syntax may change - especially
> > for rdf:value, since that was rather vaguely defined (by example only) in
> > the RDF Model & Syntax document.
>
> rdf:value is typed as a property and given meaning in
> http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#
>
> Do you indicate it will be given substantially different semantics?

No, I'm saying that the RDF M&S document gives it no explicit meaning.

I expect that some RDF Core WG documents will fix this.

The words in the comment in the RDF schema at the above URI are not
the same thing.  I expect any revised RDF schema for the above
namespace URI would be substantially the same (only typographic,
documentation or syntax tweaks).

Dave