Re: RDFCore WG: Datatyping documents

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 14:08:29 +0200
To: ext Manos Batsis <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>, Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>, <johns@syscore.com>
CC: RDF Interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, RDF Comments <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>
On 2002-02-05 11:13, "ext Manos Batsis" <m.batsis@bsnet.gr> wrote:

> The XML Schema spec explicitly gives a URI for an XML application other
> than itself to use it's build in datatypes, that URI is
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes
>
> So, to use the Int type in a language other than XSD one must use
> something like the following:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes#int

Fair enough. We should certainly use the correct URIs to denote
the XML Schema datatypes in question.

In future examples from me, presume that 'xsd:' is bound
to the correct namespace ;-)

> Finally, there is the subject of Type Libraries [2], that are far more
> interesting.
>
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#Libs

I don't see how this relates to RDF datatyping. Yes, it
may be more interesting than RDF datatyping but ... ;-)

Cheers,

Patrick