YA rdf-ns-prefix-confusion question [Was: Re: Form posted from Microsoft Internet Explorer.]

www-comments - this is just an FYI for YA occurence of the
rdf-ns-prefix-confusion issue that was reported on the RDF validator list:

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-validator/2002Jan/0591.html

Jeroen -

> From: "Jeroen Bekaert" <Jeroen.Bekaert@rug.ac.be>
> this code shoud be correct; still I receive the following warning messages :
> Warning: {W101} Unqualified use of rdf:ID has been deprecated.[Line = 3, Column = 25]
> Warning: {W101} Unqualified use of rdf:ID has been deprecated.[Line = 6, Column = 25]
> Warning: {W101} Unqualified use of rdf:about has been deprecated.[Line = 20, Column = 42]

> 3: 	<rdf:Bag ID="Keywords">
> 6: 		<rdf:Bag ID="Country">
> 20: 				<rdf:Description about="#Keywords"/>

The above warnings are because the ID and about attributes do not have
a namespace prefix (e.g. rdf:ID and rdf:about). Although the M&S spec
does not mandate such a prefix, the RDF Core Working Group is chartered
to clarify the M&S spec and they have addressed this issue and they
indend to change the syntax so that all attributes must have a namespace
prefix.  See the following for more information:

 http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-ns-prefix-confusion

Regards,

Art Barstow
---