Re: Error in the RDF/XML Syntax Specification

From: Sjoerd Visscher <sjoerd@w3future.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:25:12 +0100
To: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
CC: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

>I'll get back to you when I complete and expand the mapping from
>Infoitems to address the points you bring up, although this might be
>until the next published working draft is ready.

I'll check it out when it's available.

>There is some work that can't be done just yet since the RDF Core WG
>is still working on how 'rich' XML literals maps to the RDF model,
>but when we do, that will be added to the draft.  By rich I mean XML
>content that have be mixed, may include xml:lang attributes,
>namespace declarations, xml:base, XML Schema datatypes, ... and so
>on.

In my opinion RDF/XML should be as simple as possible, so that the
semantics are very clear. (I don't even like rdf:li's) Let all the other
XML formats use all the tricks and features they need, as people will
write those by hand. But RDF should stay the firm semantic base beneath
it all.

Sjoerd Visscher