Re: FAQ: stratified class hierarchies vs. RDFS

Pat,

 I don't think I was clear enough. The current RDF MT models rdfs:Class
as denoting a set. I am taking the position that we should consider
modeling rdf:type is just another relation, i.e., as not having anything
special in the model theory. It is only when one says that rdfs:Class =
set of all sets, that one gets into the "set of all sets that don't
contain themselves" paradox. If you regard rdf:type as just another
relation (like dc:title or dc:author), we don't have this issue.

I am also further arguing that from a modelling perspective (i.e.,
independent of logical paradox issues) "rdfs:Class = set of all sets"
does not capture the right intuition about rdfs:Class

Right?

guha