Re: comments on the current clutch of working drafts

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 16:28:07 +0100
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org

>>>"Peter F. Patel-Schneider" said:
> In section 5.5, the actions for attributes can be done in any order.  So,
> the third of these actions can be run first, even for nodeElements with an
> rdf:ID attribute, because e.subject would not yet have been set.

I get it.  The third action "If e.subject is empty.." of the first
paragraph in  http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#nodeElement
must be done after the rdf:ID, rdf:about attribute processing.  Will fix.

> No.  The Primer sort of indicates that namespaces can be used in places
> where they cannot, for example a value for rdf:ID.  It should be made very
> clear that this is *not* allowed.   ...

Noted.

> ... (Actually, it would be much better to
> *allow* it, but that is not how RDF/XML works.)

Indeed, it doesn't work that way in the current syntax and we can't
change it at present.

Dave